Thursday, February 17, 2005

1st signs of panic... urgh

i am starting to lose it.

panic started early this morning when i realised i overslept for my 10am class. not too bad. was only 20min late.

panic flashed momentarily when i realised i desperately needed to install a tap in my nose to turn it off before it started dripping vaguely gross watery mucus onto my nice new untouched roman kuc introduction to information technology or goodness knows textbook.

panic came back halfway thru boring old stats when i realised that i have 3! mid-terms and a 30% individual assignment due the 1st 2 weeks of march. i don't even know whats going on in 3/5 of my modules lar! and with bce in the 3rd week?

hah.

HAH.

5.0?

HAH!

panic came back once more with a vengence after dinner when i got back to my room in pgp. wanted to take my phone out to switch off the silent mode when i realised...

CRAP WHERE'S MY PHONE?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

got my neighbour (thanks laura!) to help me call my phone (tho its on silent i hoped to hear the vibrations somehow) but it wasn't anywhere in my room.

CRAP. CRAP.

thought i left it downstairs on top of the water cooler. not there. -panic-

ran back to the foyer staircase place where i was sitting earlier watching the international fiesta performances. no phone on floor. uh oh.

asked ppl sitting where i was sitting whether they saw phone. 2 girls (thanks ladies!) said they passed it on to some guy in t-shirt and shorts who was carrying a walkie talkie. WHO?!?! the whole place was swarming with pple carrrying walkie talkies!

so i asked a security guard who directed me to the erm. fire command centre... which i finally found out is this super ulu corner of the underground pgp carpark (well she didn't quite direct me.. got lost a few times til i bumped into another security guard going that way). asked lady at post to send out query via walkie talkie. -negative-

later found out organisers and security pple use different set of talkies. but the security lady said -nope, the organiser didn't find any handphones-

so it was back to the crowded foyer to try the first-aid post. nice student pple there offered handphones (not for me to bring home unfortunately) to call my phone and chairs to wait.. but HALLO?!?! ALL I WANT IS MY HP BACK! ok but nice student guy A continually walkie-talkied thru the loud music for american and canadian students trying to dance stylised pseudo indian dances cum hip hop. FINALLY! the guy who picked up my phone returned the call to the nice student guy B who offered his phone who also happened to see someone pick up my phone. ahhhhhh!

waited. and waited. and waited. and finally got my phone back. ah the sweeet taste of relief.

indeed. God answers prayers. and indeed. there is no situation that man can fully control. only our almighty, our sovereign, and our merciful God keeps all in the palm of His loving hand.

...

God please grant me my 5.0! :(




No comments: